Biosafety in the Laboratory
Biosafety in the Laboratory (BITL) is an introduction to the principles of biosafety, including guidelines and regulations, decontamination and disinfection, as well as disposal and shipment of biological materials. Facility and equipment design, medical surveillance and risk assessments will also be covered. Participants will be introduced to key biosafety reference materials and learn how to use them to perform basic biological risk assessments and establish appropriate levels of containment. We will review best practices to minimize the risk of laboratory-acquired infections and standard precautions for proper handling of microorganisms. Discussions will be limited to guidelines for safely handling microorganisms at both biosafety level 1 (BSL1) and biosafety level 2 (BSL2) with minimal introduction to biosafety level 3 (BSL3).
|Biosafety in the Laboratory 12/18/18||Natick, MA LSI Headquarters||
|Biosafety in the Laboratory 3/21/19||Natick, MA LSI Headquarters||
|Biosafety in the Laboratory 6/25/19||Natick, MA LSI Headquarters||
|Biosafety in the Laboratory 9/24/19||Natick, MA LSI Headquarters||
Don't see a date you need? Schedule a course that does work for you. Visit our services page or contact 508-647-1900 for more information.
Discount policy: Discounts may not be combined.
- Biological risk assessment
- Biosafety guidelines and regulations
- Biotechnology and cell biology
- Containment equipment
- Laboratory-acquired infections
- Medical surveillance
- Shipment of biological materials
- Waste disposal
- Biology educators and researchers
- Environmental health & safety professionals
- Institutional biosafety committee members
- Lab managers, supervisors and workers
- New biosafety professionals
- Principal investigators
- Seminar notebook
- Certificate of participation
- 0.7 Continuing Education Units (CEU's)
- Graduate credit eligibility
- ABIH CM points eligibility
- Access to our toll-free lab safety hotline
- Discounts future trainings, services, & publications
Not Included in Tuition: lodging, transportation and meals.