Safety in Secondary School Science Labs (SSSSL) This intensive one-day seminar covers the fundamentals of lab safety while addressing the most critical safety issues in our school science laboratories and classrooms. Legal safety standards and professional prudent practices will be a basis for much of the discussion.
LSI has a wonderful Scholarship program for Secondary School Science teachers. Apply today!
-Select SSSSL courses can be attended via webinar.
Who should attend?
- ANYONE who wants a safer lab
- Department Heads
- School Administrators
- Science, Art & Technology Educators
- Seminar Notebook
- Certificate of Participation
- 0.7 Continuing Education Units (CEU's)
- Graduate credit eligibility
- ABIH CM Points eligibility
- Access to our Toll-Free Lab Safety Hotline
- Discounts future trainings, services, & pubs
Not Included in Tuition: lodging, transportation and meals.
- Biological and Animal Hazards
- Chemical Handling
- Chemical Storage
- Disposal of Chemicals
- Electrical Safety
- Eye and Face Protection
- Legal Aspects
- Planning for Emergencies
- Planning Your Safety Program
- Safety Information Resources
- Scope of the Problem
- Teacher/ Student Involvement
- Three C's of Safety
- Your Most Serious Problem
Cancellation Policy | Credit Application for POs | PDF Downloadable Schedule
When registering more than one person please make sure to include all the names and email addresses at check out.
If you would like to have this course at your location, please contact Services@LabSafetyInstitute.org