How to Be a More Effective Chemical Hygiene Officer (CHO) is a fast-paced one-day seminar developed by Russ Phifer, Jim Kaufman, and George Wahl (RJG Associates) for the American Chemical Society Division of Chemical Health and Safety as the prep course for the National Registry of Certified Chemists (NRCC) CHO Certification Exam. Bring your CHP so it can be reviewed.
To learn more about the NRCC CHO certification exam, visit
PDF Course Outline
K-12 teachers can receive a $350 scholarship for this course. Just fill out the form on our Teacher’s page.
This course can be attended via webinar.
Who should attend?
- Business Officers
- Chemical Hygiene Officers
- Environmental, Health & Safety Professionals
- Lab Managers / Supervisors / Workers
- Risk Managers/ Operations Managers
- Safety/Security Directors
- School Administrators
- Science, Art & Technology Educators
- Seminar notebook in PDF
- Certificate of Participation
- 0.7 Continuing Education Units (CEU’s)
- Graduate credit eligibility
- ABIH CM Points eligibility
- Access to our Toll-Free Lab Safety Hotline
- Discounts future trainings, services, & pubs
Not Included in Tuition: lodging, transportation and meals.
- The Chemical Hygiene Officer
- OSHA/EPA Regulations in the Lab
- The OSHA Laboratory Standard
- Chemical Hygiene Officer Responsibilities
- Discussion Period
- Lab Hazards and Control Methods
- Chemical Hygiene Plan Development
- Chemical Plan Implementation
- CHO Responsibilities Beyond The Lab Standard
- Resources for Chemical Hygiene Officers
- Sample Test/Review
Cancellation Policy | Credit Application for POs | PDF Downloadable Schedule
Register 60 days early and receive a discount on individual registrations. When registering more than one person please make sure to include all the names and email addresses at check out.
If you would like to have this course at your location, please contact Services@LabSafetyInstitute.org