Jim Kaufman, Ph.D. and Raj Santhappa, M.D., instructors
Scheduling issues? Get this course on video.
How to Be a More Effective Chemical Hygiene Officer (CHO) was developed for the ACS Division of Chemical Health and Safety as a one-day prep course for the CHO Certification Exam (proctored by the National Registry of Certified Chemists (NRCC)).
Whether or not you’re interested in certification, this course is essential professional development for anyone who works in a lab. Packed with gripping safety “fail” stories and sprinkled with humor, the course breaks down each element of the OSHA lab standard and then moves beyond it, giving you the skills to spot hazards that others miss and to be a positive force for safety in your organization. A sample CHO exam is included at the end of the course.
Who Should Attend?
- Chemical Hygiene Officers (and those who want to be)
- Business Officers
- Environmental, Health & Safety Professionals
- Lab Managers / Supervisors / Workers
- Risk Managers/ Operations Managers
- Safety/Security Directors
- School Administrators
- Science, Art & Technology Educators
- Completion certificate
- Course notebook (A PDF is included free with every course. If you would like a printed notebook, please add it to your order below.)
- 0.7 continuing education units (CEU’s)
- Graduate credit eligibility
- ABIH CM points eligibility
- 30% off LSI items and 15% off non-LSI items at labsafety.org/shop for 7 days after course
Lodging, transportation and meals not included in tuition for in-person courses.
Purchase orders are accepted with a completed credit application. Just select “purchase order” as the payment option during checkout for this course.
When registering more than one person please make sure to include all the names and email addresses at check-out.
Become a member for $75
Members get 15% off all courses.
How To Be a More Effective Chemical Hygiene Officer
February 14, 2024
9:00 am EST - 5:00 pm EST
Virtual (Zoom Meeting)