This one-day professional development seminar helps school teachers and administrators with the most critical safety and legal issues facing high school and middle school science laboratories. The curriculum was designed by Jim Kaufman, Ph.D., who began his career as a high school chemistry teacher. After working in the chemical industry, he observed that many companies have a more developed safety program than many high schools, and he wanted to try to change that.
- Completion certificate
- Course notebook (A PDF is included free with every course. If you would like a printed notebook, be sure to add that option below.)
- Assessment test for additional fee if needed for PD credit
- 0.7 Continuing Education Units (CEU’s)
- Graduate credit eligibility
- ABIH CM Points eligibility
- 30% off LSI items and 15% off non-LSI items at labsafety.org/shop for 7 days after course
Topics: Accidents, Biological and Animal Hazards, Chemical Handling, Chemical Storage, Disposal of Chemicals, Electrical Safety, Eye and Face Protection, Legal Aspects, Planning for Emergencies, Planning Your Safety Program, Safety Information Resources, Scope of the Problem, Teacher/ Student Involvement, Three C’s of Safety, Your Most Serious Problem
Lodging, transportation and meals not included in tuition for in-person courses.
Purchase orders are accepted with a credit application. Just select “purchase order” as the payment option.
When registering more than one person please make sure to include all the names and email addresses at check-out.
Teachers can become members for $25
Members get 15% off all courses. (Discounts may not be combined.)
Safety in Secondary School Science Labs
March 14, 2024
9:00 am EDT - 5:00 pm EDT
Virtual (Zoom Meeting)