Thousands of scientists, safety professionals and educators in 30 countries have attended this lab safety course. Drawing on 40 years of experience, we dig deep into what makes an effective lab safety program, opening eyes with safety fail stories you won’t forget. OSHA compliance is just a start. Our “real-world” approach to lab safety provides industry-tested best practices to reduce the likelihood of injury, illness, accidents (and resulting lawsuits). You’ll walk away with an actionable list of simple, inexpensive (even free) things you can do to develop or improve your lab safety program.
Who should attend?
- ANYONE who wants a safer lab
- Environmental health & safety professionals
- Chemical hygiene officers
- Facilities managers
- Lab managers / supervisors / workers
- Risk managers / operations managers
- Safety / security directors
- School administrators
- Science, art & technology educators
- PDF course notebook*
- Assessment test for additional fee if needed for PD credit
- Certificate of participation
- 1.4 continuing education units (CEU’s)
- Graduate credit eligibility
- 3.34 ABIH CM points eligibility
- Access to our toll-free lab safety hotline
- Discounts on future courses, services, & publications* Notebook will be sent one week prior to the course.
If you cancel your registration after notebook is sent, notebook value is nonrefundable.
Not included in tuition: lodging, transportation and meals.
- Accidents & activities
- Biological & animal hazards
- Chemical handling & storage
- Disposal of chemicals
- Electrical safety
- Eye & face protection
- Fire control
- Hazardous waste disposal
- Legal aspects of safety
- Needs assessment
- OSHA lab standard
- Planning for emergencies
- Safety program planning
- Scope of the problem
- Student / employee involvement
- Three C’s of Safety
- Your Biggest Problem
Cancellation Policy | Credit Application for POs | PDF Downloadable Schedule
Register 60 days early and receive a discount on individual registrations. When registering more than one person please make sure to include all the names and email addresses at check-out.
If you would like to host this course at your location and receive additional discounts and benefits, please contact Services@LabSafetyInstitute.org
4801 Annamark Drive, Madison, Wisconsin, 53704, United States
Guests can also receive the LSI rate of $74.79 by stating that they are eligible for the AAA discount, which is 12%.