The Laboratory Safety Institute has created a national safety award for the Academic Principal Investigator whose research group has the best lab safety program. We are asking Environmental Health and Safety departments at universities to nominate the PI at their institution with the best lab safety program. It’s time to balance some of the “what’s wrong” with “what’s right”. It’s time to change the paradigm. Help us achieve this … with a little praise and a thank you. We always need more opportunities to say “Thank You”. This National Award will be a wonderful way to do it. LSI has identified a generous sponsor, Safety Stratus. They have pledged $1,000 and LSI has matched it.
- No Safety in Numbers: Does Vision Zero Safety Work in a COVID World?
- Hazard Pictograms: Danger in the Eyes of the Beholder
- Doughnuts, Pizza, and Free Beer: What Vaccine Incentives Say About Safety
- Cannabis Lab Explosion Kills Two: A Wake-up Call for a Fast-Growing Industry
- How Not To Be a Lab Safety Cop