Developing a More Effective Lab Safety Program (DMELSP) is a one-day workshop that confronts one of the more common myths about safety: “it costs too much.” Whether your organization’s safety culture is well-developed or non-existent, this course equips you to build safety into every activity and work flow with 33 simple, inexpensive steps you can implement right away. Our roadmap has been a meaningful game-changer for hundreds of government, academic, and industrial organizations.
Discussion topics: Accident Reporting & Investigation, Awareness Posters, Biological & Animal Hazards, Bulletin Board & Newsletter, Chemical Handling & Storage, CHO & CHP, Contractor, Disposal of Chemicals, Education & Training, Electrical Safety, Emergency Preparedness, Eye & Face Protection, Four Simple Questions, Fume Hoods, Lab Inspections, Legal Aspects of Safety, Manual Safety Committee, New Employee Orientation, Off-The-Job Safety, Policy Statement, Provide PPE, Reference Library & SDSs, Regulatory Compliance & Waste Disposal, Reward Program, Rules Agreement, Safety Budget, Safety Planning for Emergencies, Safety Program Planning, Scope of the Problem, Six Leadership Principles, Three Cs of Safety, Visitor & Vendor Safety, Your Most Serious Problem.
This course distills the content of our 2-day lab safety short course, and adds a leadership component, helping you guide your organization to new levels. Please bring all the written materials associated with your lab safety program with you for review.
Who Should Attend?
- ANYONE who wants a safer lab program
- Business Officers
- Chemical Hygiene Officers
- Environmental, Health & Safety Professionals
- Lab Managers / Supervisors / Workers
- Risk Managers/ Operations Managers
- School Administrators
- Science, Art & Technology Educators
- Completion certificate
- Course notebook (A PDF is included free with every course. If you would like a printed notebook, please add that option below.)
- Assessment test for additional fee if needed for PD credit
- 0.7 Continuing Education Units (CEU’s)
- Graduate credit eligibility
- ABIH CM Points eligibility
- 30% off LSI items and 15% off non-LSI items at labsafety.org/shop for 7 days after course
Lodging, transportation and meals not included in tuition for in-person courses.
Purchase orders are accepted with a credit application. Just select “purchase order” as the payment option.
When registering more than one person please make sure to include all the names and email addresses at check-out.
Teachers can become members for $25
Members get 15% off all courses. (Discounts may not be combined.)
October 11, 2023
9:00 am EDT - 5:00 pm EDT
Venue: Virtual (Zoom Meeting)
Login information will be provided upon registration.