Lab Safety for Teachers
Because the schools that need lab safety programs the most are often the least able to afford it, we are proud to offer scholarships (up to $800) for K-12 educators.
To apply for a scholarship, all you need is a picture of your teacher ID.
(or a signed confirmation of employment from your principal on letterhead):
Scholarships are also available for homeschool parents. Please upload equivalent verification of your status as a homeschool teacher.
If approved, we will email a coupon code within 24 hours that you can use for scholarships worth up to $800 toward the Laboratory Safety Institute’s courses, such as:
3-Day Lab Safety Boot CampThe mothership of all safety courses
- We’ll take you through animal and biological hazards, blood-borne pathogens, chemical storage and disposal, compressed gases, electrical safety, emergency planning, eye protection, fire control, glassware, legal aspects, OSHA standards, radiation, record-keeping, safety equipment, ventilation and much more! The course includes workshops, movies, and lots of time for Q & A.
2-Day Short CourseMost Popular
- LSI’s Safety in the Laboratory Two-Day Course provides an in-depth look at the fundamentals of lab safety and effective lab safety programs. You will learn to identify and manage common laboratory hazards; many of which you may never have considered. Using a “real world” approach to safety issues in the laboratory, our seasoned instructors will illustrate how to reduce the likelihood of injury, illness, accidents and lawsuits while providing you with simple, inexpensive (even free) things that you can do to have an even better safety program.
Science in Secondary School Science Labs
- Affectionately known as “SSSSL,” this intensive one-day seminar covers the fundamentals of lab safety while addressing the most critical safety issues in school science laboratories and classrooms. Other popular one-day courses for teachers:
- How to Be a More Effective Chemical Hygiene Officer
- Safety in the Elementary School Classroom
- How to Comply With MA’s new OSHA Regulations (for Schools)
Recent tragic accidents at school science labs underscore the ongoing need for lab safety education for school faculty and staff. The Laboratory Safety Institute is committed by its mission to make lab safety training possible for hard-working science and chemistry teachers. The Laboratory Safety Institute provides thousands of dollars in scholarships each year for teachers to attend our lab safety courses at very reduced rates. This allows teachers to receive the same safety education we provide to industry and government organizations worldwide.