Science Safety in the Elementary Classroom (SIE) is a one-day seminar on the principles and concepts of science safety for elementary (K-6) science teachers. Presents the new standard for safety in the elementary science classroom and provides a practical approach to including health and safety in the elementary science curriculum. Course outline (PDF).
- Completion certificate
- Course notebook (A PDF is included free with every course. If you would like a printed notebook, be sure to add that option below.)
- Assessment test for additional fee if needed for PD credit
- 0.7 Continuing Education Units (CEU’s)
- Graduate credit eligibility
- ABIH CM Points eligibility
- 30% off LSI items and 15% off non-LSI items at labsafety.org/shop for 7 days after course
Topics: Three C’s of safety, scope of the problem, legal aspects of safety, handling chemical reagents, biological and animal hazards, eye and face protection, disposal of chemicals, electrical safety, safety information resources, your most serious problem, safety program planning, teacher / student involvement.
Lodging, transportation and meals not included in tuition for in-person courses.
Purchase orders are accepted with a credit application. Just select “purchase order” as the payment option.
When registering more than one person please make sure to include all the names and email addresses at check-out.
Teachers can become members for $25
Members get 15% off all courses. (Discounts may not be combined.)
Safety in Secondary School Science Labs
April 25, 2024
9:00 am EDT - 5:00 pm EDT
Virtual (Zoom Meeting)