Developed by Dr. Jim Kaufman, this flagship lab safety course has been presented to hundreds of scientists, educators, and others over the course of 40 years in 30 countries, and it’s loaded with every safety topic in the book. In three days (eight hours each), we’ll take you through blood-borne pathogens, compressed gases, glassware, OSHA standards, radiation, record-keeping, ventilation and more! The course includes workshops, movies, and lots of time for Q & A. Dozens of lab safety “fail” stories teach unforgettable lessons about how to practice safety in everyday life. Finally, we’ll discuss how to convince others to care more about health, safety and the environment in the real world of budgets and time constraints.
K-12 teachers and grad students can receive an $800 scholarship to attend this course! Apply here.
Topics covered: The three C’s of safety, scope of the problem, accidents, legal aspects of safety, OSHA lab standard, biological and animal hazards, planning for emergencies, handling glassware, storage of chemicals, labeling, ventilation, compressed gases, record-keeping, safety equipment display, radiation, bloodborne pathogen standard, fire control, handling chemical reagents, eye and face protection, disposal of chemicals, your worst problem, needs assessment, electrical safety, staff involvement, safety program planning. See PDF Course Outline.
Who Should Attend?
- Environmental health & safety professionals
- Chemistry, biology, physics and art educators
- Chemical hygiene officers
- Facilities managers
- Lab managers / supervisors / workers
- Process engineers
- Risk managers / operations managers
- Safety / security directors
- School teachers
- ANYONE who wants a safer lab
- Completion certificate
- Course notebook (A PDF is included free with every course. If you would like a printed notebook, be sure to add that option below.)
- Assessment test for additional fee if needed for PD credit
- 2 continuing education units (CEU’s)
- Graduate credit eligibility
- ABIH CM points eligibility
- 30% off LSI items and 15% off non-LSI items at labsafety.org/shop for 7 days after course
Lodging, transportation and meals not included in tuition for in-person courses.
Purchase orders are accepted with a credit application. Just select “purchase order” as the payment option.
When registering more than one person please make sure to include all the names and email addresses at check-out.
Become a member for $75
Members get 15% off all courses.
Lab Safety Boot Camp
June 4, 2024 - June 6, 2024
9:00 am EDT - 5:00 pm EDT
Virtual (Zoom Meeting)