Often offered as a pre-conference workshop at ACS, Pittcon, NAOSMM, ALMA, AIHA and CIC annual conventions, Safety in the Laboratory is a one-day overview of lab safety fundamentals. This discussion of laboratory hazards, regulatory requirements and preventive measures forms the core content of LSI’s flagship two-day and three-day courses.
Topics include: scope of the problem, accidents, legal aspects of safety, planning for emergencies, handling chemical reagents, storage of chemicals, biological and animal hazards, eye and face protection, disposal of chemicals, electrical safety, your most serious problem, safety program planning Download Course Outline (PDF).
Who Should Attend?
- ANYONE who wants a safer lab
- Environmental, Health & Safety Professionals
- Facilities Managers
- Lab Managers / Supervisors / Workers
- Risk Managers/ Operations Managers
- Safety/Security Directors
- School Administrators
- Science, Art & Technology Educators
- Completion certificate
- Course notebook (A PDF is included free with every course. If you would like a printed notebook, please add it to your order below.)
- 0.7 continuing education units (CEU’s)
- Graduate credit eligibility
- ABIH CM points eligibility
- 30% off LSI items and 15% off non-LSI items at labsafety.org/shop for 7 days after course
Lodging, transportation and meals not included in tuition for in-person courses.
Purchase orders are accepted with a completed credit application. Just select “purchase order” as the payment option during checkout for this course.
When registering more than one person please make sure to include all the names and email addresses at check-out.
Become a member for $75
Members get 15% off all courses.
Safety in the Laboratory
July 18, 2024
9:00 am EDT - 5:00 pm EDT
Virtual (Zoom Meeting)