Thousands of scientists, safety professionals and educators in 30 countries have attended this two-day interactive professional development workshop, and now, it’s available anywhere on Zoom! Whether your organization has a robust safety program or you’re a solo player feeling overwhelmed with new responsibilities, our tested, real-world approach will help you grow as a leader in organizational safety culture. Packed with gripping safety “fail” stories and sprinkled with humor, this course goes beyond regulatory compliance, helping you create a safer lab and a safer life!
K-12 teachers and grad students can receive a $650 scholarship to attend this course. Apply here.
Topics covered: Scope of the Problem, Accidents, Legal Aspects of Safety, OSHA Lab Standard, Fire Control, Labeling, Biological and Animal Hazards, Eye and Face Protection, Planning for Emergencies, Handling Chemical Reagents, Ventilation, Electrical Safety, Storage of Chemicals, Disposal of Chemicals, Safety Equipment, Needs Assessment, Your Most Serious Problem, Student / Employee Involvement, Safety Program Planning. PDF Course Outline
Who Should Attend?
- Environmental health & safety professionals
- Chemistry, biology, physics and art educators
- Chemical hygiene officers
- Facilities managers
- Lab managers / supervisors / workers
- Process engineers
- Risk managers / operations managers
- Safety / security directors
- School teachers
- ANYONE who wants a safer lab
- Completion certificate
- Course notebook (A PDF is included free with every course. If you would like a printed notebook, be sure to add that option below.)
- Assessment test for additional fee if needed for PD credit
- 1.4 continuing education units (CEU’s)
- Graduate credit eligibility
- 3.34 ABIH CM points eligibility
- 30% off LSI items and 15% off non-LSI items at labsafety.org/shop for 7 days after course
Lodging, transportation and meals not included in tuition for in-person courses.
Purchase orders are accepted with a credit application. Just select “purchase order” as the payment option.
When registering more than one person please make sure to include all the names and email addresses at check-out.
Become a member for $75
Members get 15% off all courses.
Two-Day Lab Safety Short Course
November 13, 2024 - November 14, 2024
9:00 am EST - 5:00 pm EST
Virtual (Zoom Meeting)