This is an online video course recorded from our live Biosafety in the Laboratory course.
The learning portal is: learn.labsafetyinstitute.org
Upon registration, you will be provided with a username and password.
Biosafety in the Laboratory (BITL) is an introduction to the principles of biosafety, including guidelines and regulations, decontamination and disinfection, as well as disposal and shipment of biological materials. Facility and equipment design, medical surveillance and risk assessments will also be covered. Participants will be introduced to key biosafety reference materials and learn how to use them to perform basic biological risk assessments and establish appropriate levels of containment. We will review best practices to minimize the risk of laboratory-acquired infections and standard precautions for proper handling of microorganisms. Discussions will be limited to guidelines for safely handling microorganisms at both biosafety level 1 (BSL1) and biosafety level 2 (BSL2) with minimal introduction to biosafety level 3 (BSL3).
- Seminar notebook (PDF version)
- Certificate of participation (upon completion of quiz)
- 0.7 Continuing Education Units (CEU’s)
- Graduate credit eligibility
- ABIH CM points eligibility
- Follow up questions & review
- Discounts/coupons for future trainings, consultation services, and publications
Who should take this online course?
- Biosafety officers, anyone who works in a lab that handles biological materials
- Environmental, health & safety professionals
- Science, art & technology educators / researchers
- Business officers / school administrators
- Risk managers / operations managers
- Lab managers / supervisors / workers
|Biological Risk Assessment||Decontamination|
|Biosafety Resources||Medical Surveillance|
|NIH Guidelines||Shipping / Conclusion|
- Members receive a 15% discount on this product.
- When checking out, please include each registrant’s full name and email address.
- All online course registrants get 30% off all LSI products and 15% off all non-LSI products at labsafety.org/shop for one month after registration.
- We can also offer this course at your place of business, customized for your organization. More information here.
- To pay with credit card, select PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account to use this option.